Skip to main content

Mambowe Records Open Mic

22nd March was the very definition of a vibe for real. From the live music to meeting the prettiest girl friend group and making new friends, it was truly one of those nights fr. I went to support a friend for an open mic performance and it was better than I expected including such a variety of artists from different parts of  the world and it was a very enjoyable experience that apparently happens every Friday so if you have a chance you should check it out. I also met the prettiest girl friend group and was able to vibe with them as well shoutout to them❤


Variety of drink options including different cocktails



The open mic was happening at Ayira's Neuro Soul Cafe, Kilimani which is a very pretty and lively location with a variety of different food and drink options. Earlier there was a paint and sip and I got to see some of the paintings done(videos will be uploaded on the blog's Instagram)and met with one lovely artist @aishajemila who did the amazing painting below.

Performances from different artists like(videos of their performances on the blog's instagram):

@dawit.elsonador who I would describe his sound as vibey definitely brought a calm and relaxing vibe with his performance that I really enjoyed and appreciate.

@noelgathoni_ who came with some good songs and covers to some other songs. Plus she was really pretty❤

@siki_powers who I had met previously before his performance. He brought the vibes and upbeat sound with his music and had a great performance with his catchy songs.

@afarimusic101 the one and only had the best performance and I'm not just saying that because I know him👀😂. I was going bar for bar can't lie plus he totally took control when he was performing.10/10 performance 🚫🧢

@akhama_music our Kenyan Cali babe definitely came with the vibes and brought the whole crowds energy to a different level with her upbeat and catchy songs. Plus you can tell she is an awesome performer.

Those were the performances I got to catch and honestly I would recommend you go for an open mic one of these Fridays. It's a chance to support and show love to Kenyan talent which I can tell you is really beautiful and diverse. Videos of the performances are on everythingmelaninblog's insta I'll put a link below.

https://www.instagram.com/everythingmelaninblog?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet&igsh=ZDNlZDc0MzIxNw==

Thank you to these amazing artists for sharing their art with us💛.

  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Perfect Hair Washday

Washing your hair can be a daunting task. That's why when you do it, you should make it count. Set aside a day when you do not have anything else to do and make a playlist of your favorite songs. You can also make it a full TLC day. Do a body scrub after to get that hair product off your body y'know. Ok, step 1  make sure you have all your hair products ready, these include shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, leave in conditioner and oil . Step 2 ,you can soften your hair with a conditioner(not deep conditioner) before you start to  wash your hair, this helps with hair softening before you start the shampooing process which can prove to be drying to your hair. While applying the conditioner, put your hair in twists while either finger detangling or combing it through with a paddle brush or a wide tooth comb. This will prevent tangles during the shampooing process which is  Step 3 . Before you apply shampoo to your hair make sure you completely drench your hair with wa...

A Heart Of Gold: Virginia Children's Home

Bluverse in partnership with TashaSasha Foundation organized an event to help the children of Virginia Children's Home through donations, visiting and spending time with the children. Founders of Bluverse and TashaSasha Foundation The Home is located in Utawala and from the minute I got there I could feel the warmth radiating from the children as members took part in cooking, braiding, hair cuts and playing with the children. The home houses roughly 20 children  and the mother of the children shared her journey of why and how she came about starting the home and it was truly inspirational and you could tell she cared and truly loves each and every one of the kids who range from a form four student to the youngest girl who is only four years old. the Mum who takes care of the children🤍 As the first Home I have visited, I was truly inspired with the existence of such pure hearts including the organizations that made this happen and their willingness to extend their love to comp...

Best Pass Time Activities

Yes, I am telling you how to spend your leisure time👀.Jk😂, just suggestions guys don't worry. These are mostly Sunday and weekend activities so your day isn't spent just thinking about how close Monday is😭. These activities can be a solo experience, a group thing or just a cute little date idea. Y'know, whatever rocks your boat and however you're comfortable spending your free time:) Painting. No skill required trust, because it's all for fun. All you need is paint and paint brushes that you won't need to replace for quite some time if you take proper care of them. Plus it is so relaxing to paint with some nice background music. Reading. There is nothing better than fueling your delusions with a nice juicy novel😂. Ignite your imagination, it's such a good break from the day to day, you can make it a weekend thing, or before you go to bed instead of using your phone, or during your lunch break! It's honestly one of the better pass time activities  Win...